When WE Tv first premiered Mary Mary, it showed us a side of Erica and Tina Campbell we never saw before. We knew about their powerful voices and songwriting skills, but we didn’t see some of what inspired their projects. Child birth, parent loss, renewed vows, health scares, new adventures and six seasons later, the series is coming to an end.
As we gear up for the final season, join us in reviewing a few cool facts we learned about the sisters over the past few years.
1. Mary Mary’s self-titled reality show first aired in 2012.
2. The Mary Mary group name was inspired by the mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalene.
3. Erica and Tina’s maiden name is Atkins.
4. Erica and Tina Campbell share the same married name, but their husbands are not related.
5. Mary Mary toured with the 1995 Michael Matthews show, Mama I’m Sorry and Sneaky.
6. Tina sucked her thumb until she was 13-years-old.
7. Erica sang classical music for two years in college.
8. Tina told WE Tv she didn’t wear anything that showed her forehead for four years because she was worried about it being too big.
9. Erica took a three year break from singing when she was 13-years-old because she forgot the lyrics to a song.
10. Tina met her husband Teddy Campbell on her first paid job on the road.
11. Erica enjoys Cheetos and oatmeal cookies. Together!
12. Tina originally went to school to become a music teacher.
13. Erica went to hair school and used to work in a salon.
14. Tina’s favorite show is Martin.
15. Erica’s first car was a 1990 Toyota Tercel.
16. Jay Z is Tina’s favorite rapper.
17. The ladies used to sing background for Brandy, Brian McKnight and Eric Benet.
18. They got their first publishing deal in the 90s before they became Mary Mary and released their first song, “Shackles,” in 1999.
19. Erica’s first job was as a courtesy clerk at a grocery store.
20. Tina Campbell has the most children out of all of her sisters.
Catch the sixth and final season of ‘Mary Mary’ WE Tv on Thursdays at 9/8c.