Nashville, TN (February 1, 2019) – GRAMMY® Award-winning virtuoso Donald Lawrence Presents The Tri-City Singers on GOSHEN, available now. The world-renowned music trailblazer, songwriter, and producer has crafted another symphonic explosion of dazzling melodies and exuberant vocals on this newly-released album, which also celebrates a milestone 25th anniversary reunion with the original Tri-City Singers since their acclaimed 1993 debut album. Featuring fourteen tracks, GOSHEN delivers fresh narratives to promote spiritual renewal, healing, faith in God’s protection and more, to break free from whatever pains, trials, or fears we may have.
With highlight appearances from beloved Tri-City voices Sheri Jones-Moffett, Arnetta Murrill-Crooms, The Murrills, LeJuene Thompson, and Blanche McAllister Dykes, GOSHEN also features collaborations with hip hop lyricist Sir The Baptist, Le’Andria Johnson, Jason Nelson, Jekalyn Carr, and soul/R&B group Tank and the Bangas. GOSHEN is fueled by the lead singles “Goshen 432 HZ” (feat. Sheri Jones-Moffett), “He Heard My Cry” (feat. Sir The Baptist and Arnetta Murrill-Crooms), and “Deliver Me” (This Is My Exodus) (feat. Le’Andria Johnson).
Inspired by the biblical reference to Goshen as a place under God’s protection and the story of Exodus, Donald Lawrence expounds on the spiritual concept of GOSHEN, to inspire a Goshen mindset. He says: “There were many years of plagues after the Exodus, but Goshen was God’s protected place and those living there were oblivious to the plagues and prospered. The idea is that in these times of new plagues (violence, anger, hatred, fear), we need to pray that God’s Goshen follows us wherever we go, that our families and those connected to us will still experience spiritual peace and prosperity in these troubling times. If we have a Goshen mindset, we have a position of faith that God’s hand of protection is always around us.”
GOSHEN was produced by Donald Lawrence, Sir The Baptist, and Troy Taylor. Lawrence also plans to premiere Goshen Theatrical as a dance theatre piece later this year, which is music from the album live set to dance (modern, jazz, hip hop, Afrofunk).
Donald Lawrence Presents The Tri-City Singers, GOSHEN is available everywhere now. Check out the track list below…
- Goshen Prayer Chant (feat. The Murrills)
- Goshen 432 HZ (feat. Sheri Jones-Moffett)
- Jehovah Sabaoth Intro (Plagues)
- Jehovah Sabaoth (God of Angel Armies) (feat. Brittany Stewart)
- It Is My Revival (DL Choir Remix) (feat. LeJuene Thompson)
- He Heard My Cry (feat. Sir The Baptist & Arnetta Murrill-Crooms)
- God’s Original Name
- YHWH (The Sound of My Breathing) (feat. Jekalyn Carr)
- Let My People Go (feat. Tank and the Bangas)
- The Lamb’s Blood
- The Voice of the Blood (feat. Blanche McAllister Dykes)
- Deliver Me (This Is My Exodus) (feat. Le’Andria Johnson)
- He Rebuked the Red Sea (feat. Sheri Jones-Moffett and Kristen Lowe)
- Rewritten (feat. LeJuene Thompson and Jason Nelson)
One of our favorite tracks off the album is “Deliver Me (This Is My Exodus)” featuring Le’Andria Johnson. Listen: